Hand Jam Rock climbing Hold Painting
There is two types of hand jams in rock climbing – Thumb-up hand jam – jamming the hand in a small crack with the thumb in an upward position, enabling greater reach between holds. And
the thumb-down hand jam – as with the thumb-up hand jam, but with the thumb placed downwards, a less maneuverable but more secure hold.
Eight things that let you know you are not a rock climber if:
- You think escalators would help while rock climbing.
- You think trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands
- You think reflectors need to be placed on rocks every 5 feet so people can climb at night with flashlights
- You think rocks should be stacked in a more orderly fashion.
- You think it is kinky to wear a harness
- You think it is okay to use your dog on belay.
- You think that you think you don’t need a helmet.
- You have to unwind your climbing rope from your SUV’s winch.
Why the rock climbing paintings?
My daughter and son-in-law are rock climbers and own an outdoor recreation store in Ventura. – Real Cheap Sports, Ventura’s Outdoor Store is located in the city of Ventura on the Southern California coast. The store was originally founded by Jeff and Yvon Chouinard and opened in 1981 as Patagonia’s original outlet store, just one block from Patagonia’s corporate headquarters just west of downtown Ventura. Today, Real Cheap Sports resides in its original location, but has an expanded store space. Operating independently since 1998 as an “Outlet Dealer,” Real Cheap Sports is Southern California’s largest outlet store for Patagonia closeout merchandise and features discounts on clothing and equipment from a variety of reputable outdoor manufacturers for backpacking, climbing, hiking, sea kayaking, and international travel. Come and visit them sometime. They are always be happy to see you. Or visit their web site http://www.realcheapsports.com/