Definition of a Fist Jam Hold for Rock Climber
A Fist jam is a rock climber hold where you jam the hand into a crack with a clenched fist position, the expanded muscles securing the hand.
Eight Reasons to Give Up As a Rock Climber
If you are a rock climber and wonder if you should give up the sport or continue to climb
- You’ve chopped the rope with your axe while ice climbing.
- Your climbing partner uses you to “test” for rock stability.
- You fell off the tailgate of your pick-up truck.
- People ask if you’re a park ranger.
- You buy shoes a size too big.
- You aerate your lawn with your crampon.
- If you wear baggy shorts and no underwear
- If you say “I think it might be this way”
Why the rock climber paintings?
My daughter and son-in-law are rock climbers and own an outdoor recreation store in Ventura. – Real Cheap Sports, Ventura’s Outdoor Store is located in the city of Ventura on the Southern California coast. The store was originally founded by Jeff and Yvon Chouinard and opened in 1981 as Patagonia’s original outlet store, just one block from Patagonia’s corporate headquarters just west of downtown Ventura. Today, Real Cheap Sports resides in its original location, but has an expanded store space. Operating independently since 1998 as an “Outlet Dealer,” Real Cheap Sports is Southern California’s largest outlet store for Patagonia closeout merchandise and features discounts on clothing and equipment from a variety of reputable outdoor manufacturers for backpacking, climbing, hiking, sea kayaking, and international travel. Come and visit them sometime. They are always be happy to see you. Or visit their web site http://www.realcheapsports.com/